Summer is almost here, and it’s one of our favorite seasons here at OnAir! Here are our top 12 tips to have a sustainable summer:
- Take an eco-tour, either locally or somewhere new.
- Learn something new about the environment regularly. Start following eco-blogs or environmental groups on social media. You’ll learn lots of new facts to share!
- Get outside. So simple, so fun, and so summer!
- Visit a national park to celebrate the National Park Service’s 100th birthday!
- Remember food miles? Buy local food from farmer’s markets or the grocery store. In the summer, it’s even easier to find delicious food grown nearby.
- Create your own summer reading list with a focus on books about the environment.
- If you or your family likes to grill over the summer, check out this green grilling guide.
- Make upcycled decorations for your 4th of July party.
- Don’t blast your AC – consider these more eco-friendly summer home cooling tips instead.
- Plan next summer’s eco-camp.
- Always wanted a pool? Consider building a natural swimming pool in your backyard.
- Drink lots of water from your reusable water bottle (skip the plastic!)
And don’t forget – whenever you find yourself doing something eco-friendly that may inspire others, snap a Sustainable Selfie to share! Make sure to use #onairsustainable when adding your picture to Instagram. We’ll be highlighting your sustainable selfies throughout the summer. Have a great one!